1. GoingDownSlow (Jimmy Oden)
2. Pinetop’sBoogieWoogie (Clarence Smith)
3. Early InTheMornin’ (Lee Hickman, Louis Jordan, Dallas Bartley)
4. After Hours(Avery Parrish)
5. EverydayI Have The Blues(Peter Chatman)
6. Caldonia (Fleecie Moore)
7. What’d I Say(Ray Charles)
8. Route 66 (Bobby Troup)
9. Further On Up The Road (Don Robey, Joe Medwick Veasey)
10. Let The Good Times Roll (Sam Theard, Fleecie Moore)
11. Straighten Up And Fly Right (Nat King Cole, lrving Mills)
12. Kiddio(Brook Benton, Clyde Otis)
Boogaloo Ames – Going Down Slow
14,30 € incl. VAT
incl. 20% VAT
Boogaloo Ames is a famous Blues – Jazz – Boogie Woogie piano player from Greenville MS. He was born 1918, in the 40´s, he had his own band where he played in the Detroit area and he also played with Nat King Cole and Erroll Garner.
In the 60´s he was Session-musician for the Motoron-Label. In the 70´s he played for the wealthy class in the Mississippi Area and played at different blues festivals like the Chicago Blues Festival.
He worked together with Mulgrew Miller and Eden Brent, other piano players, with them he toured to New York and Washington DC. Matt Block recorded Boogaloo 1997 in Greenville MS, where he recorded the songs Going Down Slow, Early In The Morning, Route 66 an 9 other great songs. 2 songs has already been published on the Wolf CD “The Story Of Piano Blues” – 120.106
He also received some Awards, like the Greenville Arts council Lifetime Achievement.
Boogaloo was one of the greatest Delta Blues piano players and this is his first CD recording ever!
A big thank you to Jim O’Neal, known as co-founder of the Living Blues Magazine for giving us Pictures of Boogaloo Ames from his collection.
The CD is a must have for every traditional blues fan.
by Hannes Folterbauer